Copyright James French, no reproduction without permission.
The Old Curiosity Shop was a nine part series which went out in from December 1979 to February 1980. Barry Letts was the producer, Julian Amyes the director, Alistair Bell the script editor, William Trevor wrote the script adaptation, Michael Edwards was the production designer and Peter Booth was the lighting designer.
The cast included Sebastian Shaw as grandfather, Trevor Peacock as Daniel Quilp, Natalie Ogle as Little Nell, Granville Saxton as Dick Swiveller, Wensley Pithey as the Single Gentlemen, and Christopher Fairbank as Kit Nubbles.
The photos are of:
- Jim Gray
- Tony Wigley on Mole crane, Jim Gray on 4
- Tony Wigley on crane & Keith Froggatt swinging.
- Tony Wigley on Mole crane, Keith Froggatt swinging & Martyn Suker tracking.
- A typical set
- John Couzens, with arms folded, talks to the director (Julian Amyes). Tony Wigley on Mole crane, Richard Reynolds on boom.
- Doing the closing credits. Jim Gray back to camera. Scene hands’ names may be Dick & Phil?
Thanks to James French for sharing the photos.